Token mechanics consulting
Token mechanics is the foundation of your ICO.
If you answer yes to any of the below, we need to talk.
- Have you had dozens of conversations about your token value and still you aren’t sure it all works together?
- Is developing the token making your business model more difficult to understand?
- Do you have a hard time explaining your token mechanics to other people?
- Are there people on your team who still don’t understand your token mechanics/value?
- Do you have a two-token economy with a complex interaction between the two tokens?
- Are you trying to stabilize your token against fiat currency, in particular only the currency you think is important (dollar, euro, pound)?
- Are you trying to stabilize your token against ETH or BTC?
- When people ask you why the token will be worth something, is your only answer “Because as more people use the token, the value rises”? and/or “Because there’s limited supply.”?
- Is your token useless to anyone outside of purchasing something from your company (and partner companies)?
- Does your economy include you buying back token before it gets redistributed to others?
- Are you trying to figure out how to get people to hold tokens for a longer period than they naturally would in the ecosystem?
If you answered yes to some or all of these questions, you are probably creating a worthless token. Potentially, you are creating a token that is taking a perfectly good business model and destroying the model with a complex economy. You are also potentially setting yourself up to get in trouble with the regulatory authorities.
I write ICO whitepapers, and I’ve found that the majority of my clients have some aspects of the token economy they haven’t figured out yet. That’s because it’s a kind of monetary policy. Most of us never got trained in monetary policy. Let’s face it, most of us didn’t get trained in systems thinking.
I can save you a lot of time and trouble.
This is how it works:
- You write me an email at email@example.com with some details about your ICO, and some potential meeting times for a 20-30 minute call.
- I read your materials and we jump on that call.
- In the call, I tell you why I think your token economy needs rethinking (read:sucks). I will be super blunt because it’s faster than doublespeak. BTW, I used to give people an hour, but I really can’t anymore because I want to help as many people as possible. We’ll know in 20 minutes whether there’s a case for further discussion and whether you trust my feedback enough to pay for it.
- If you like my style and think you could benefit from this service, you’ll pay me 1.5 ETH (I will give you a receipt in $USD from a legal US LLC with an EIN. I am not trying to sneak anything past the authorities. The ETH price seems to be changing, so it might be a bit less by the time we speak.)
- We will set up a 2-hour call where we take your token mechanics apart and reconstruct something that at least looks good on paper.
- I’ll summarize the bullet points of what we created and send it to you in a short email.
- We will spend up to 1-2 additional calls going over the new mechanics idea
- If we cannot create something in 3 calls that holds water, I have just saved you a whole lot of time, money, blood, sweat and tears on an ICO that makes no sense. Or you can go ahead and do an ICO that makes no sense. I mean, people are raising silly amounts of money doing it. But you’ll at least have the honesty with yourself to know that’s what you are doing.
If you’re in, please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief of the project (even in bad English), a link to any materials you want, and 3 potential meeting times between 8 am and midnight CET.